There is a tree right outside our house where the squirrel sits and taunts the cats. The cats watch from the backdoor hoping to get an opportunity to show the squirrel who is boss.
As I was making hot chocolate for Aeden I happened to glance out the kitchen window, I was going to gauge the snowfall. Instead of noticing the snowfall, I noticed that there was a new inhabitant of the branch.
I quickly grabbed my camera and tried to get some shots through the kitchen window. This was the best:

Although the flash gave me away, the hawk was kind enough to wait patiently for me to go in the wood stove room, quietly move the curtains aside and snap a quick (non flash) picture of him through the door.

By the time I got back to the kitchen and Aeden's hot chocolate he was gone. Perhaps he was only keeping the branch warm for the squirrel?
On another note, this post is serving as a place holder for others that are floating in my head. Watch for a post displaying the basketball trophy coming soon...

No comments:
Post a Comment