In any case ice skating did not make a stellar impression on Aeden, he came home with a bloody lip and a declaration that he didn't plan on going again...ever.
Sad for him as I had decided that I did want to try ice skating, so today we headed off to a bigger rink (i.e. not in downtown) so I could try skating.
Aeden was less than thrilled with this idea...

I love his expression here, he is hugging the wall for dear life and tried to convince me to let him stand on the sidelines/entrance and he would watch me. :P Luckily we got there when public skating first started so it wasn't too busy for me to take some pictures.
Eric and I took turns holding Aeden's hand while he hugged the wall. He preferred to attempt to walk on the ice and when he was done he would just go down on his knees.

We put Aeden in the penalty box a couple of times (it is located away from entrances) so he could sit and watch us skate. He would have been happy sitting there the entire time. Towards the end we had him actually skating while holding both of our hands (one of us on each side). We are going to try and go again before the rinks close.
Note: I was wearing two sweatshirts, one of which is XL hence the bulky look.
Aeden liked my holding his hand more than Eric, I think I must have gone slower to start with.

We put Aeden in the penalty box a couple of times (it is located away from entrances) so he could sit and watch us skate. He would have been happy sitting there the entire time. Towards the end we had him actually skating while holding both of our hands (one of us on each side). We are going to try and go again before the rinks close.




No comments:
Post a Comment