Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Redwood Forest

We drove up through the Redwood Forest on our way to Oregon.  This proved to be Aeden's favorite place on our trip. 


Poor Eric is a mosquito magnet so he had to keep his jacket zipped up tight!




The roots of the Redwoods were huge!  This is the bottom of the tree where it came out of the ground:

Here is the tree from the side, you can see part of the above root system at the right and then the tree goes off on the left.

I took a lot of pictures of Eric taking pictures of Aeden.  A didn't really want much to do with me and would get exasperated if I asked him to stand near something for perspective, he had no such issues with Eric asking him.  :P





The last trees we saw looked like giant feet to me!

Both boys were sad that we were so destination oriented and had so much driving to do, they would have liked more time to explore.

I know Aeden wants to visit the forest again soon! 

No comments: