Friday, November 21, 2008

Kissing

Aeden has a friend that runs from him every time he tries to play with her. This bothers him and so I asked him if he wanted me to talk to her mom. Last year they played chase a lot so I figured that it was just something along those lines.


But no...

As it turns out she runs from him because he tells her he wants to kiss her.

After a lovely conversation about how that is not second grade appropriate and that he should apologize, I thought it was over with.

I was so wrong.

In fact that was only part of it, not only does he want to kiss her, but he has told her that he is going to marry her. :P She isn't quite ready to make that decision though...

So then we had to have a conversation about how you don't have to worry about who you are going to marry until you graduate from college.

I thought we were done, but again I was so very wrong.

(In the car on the way home from bookclub)

Aeden: So when can I kiss?

Me: When you are in college.

Aeden: Definitely when I am married, right?

Me: Yes, when you are married.

Aeden: What about hugging?

Me: I think high school, yes high school sounds like a good time to hug.

Aeden: I think probably 4th grade.

No comments: