Because if I did then it would be fun to update on the exciting night we are having here. For Easter Aeden got a coupon to stay up all night long on either a Friday or Saturday night. He is exercising this option now, at this moment, as we speak.
What could an almost 6 and 25/26 year old do all night long? No worries, the boy has a plan. A plan that has been hatching since Easter. Truly you must be thankful that you do not live in this house.
His plan is to watch all the Super Mario videos (he has all three seasons on DVD) in their entirety all.night.long. Yes that is right faithful reader(s). We get to hear the lovely sound of "hooked on the brothers" for hours upon hours on end. What lucky parents we are. Of course if we were smart parents we might have insisted that he still had to go to his room at bedtime, but then where would the fun be in that.
I am sure at this point you are lamenting the fact that I do not have a twitter account and therefore you do not get to experience the evening with me. I could always recap and update, wouldn't that be fun? I might be asleep before him though and I don't think I will trust him with the secret password to my blogger account. ;)
So far Aeden has come in to dance to the opening songs, ask for food, ask for dessert, ask to have his sleeping bag re-zipped so it is in sleeping bag form, come in to tell me he thinks the phrase is hooked on the brothers and that it is not hooked on the double like I thought, I am sure he will be back soon...
Have a great evening!

***Updates***
8:12 p.m.: "Mommy its my break time!"
8:14 p.m.: {Aeden comes dancing into our room swinging his arms exaggeratedly.}
"Mommy I can barely stand up. I need a break. I need to do some exercise." --Aeden proceeds to stretch and touch his toes (8:00 hour)
"My feet got exercise, I put both my feet up 120 times so I think I did 60 on the left foot and 60 on the right foot" -- Aeden (2 minutes later)
"Guys, at 9:00 I want all the lights out" -- delusional Aeden who thinks he is in charge and his parents are "guys" (8:59ish)
"Mommy, Daddy, what time are you going to bed?" -- Aeden (9:30ish)
"Daddy it's 10:00." 5 min later "Daddy you get a bonus kiss." 30 seconds later "I will still be awake at 1:00 a.m." -- Aeden
Numerous more forays into our bedroom until 12:00 when I finally went to bed. Aeden apparently fell asleep (according to Eric) around 1:17 a.m. Aeden told me this morning that he woke up at 4:59 and didn't want to interrupt my sleep so he went upstairs and rested some more.

No comments:
Post a Comment