Thursday, November 29, 2007

Aedenisms

#1
Me: Aeden what should we get daddy for Christmas?
Aeden: an invisible watch
Me: an invisible watch?!
Aeden: don't worry I have thousands of them

#2 (this one is hard for me to visualize but Aeden demonstrated it for me)
Aeden has assigned months to each of the numbers on the clock, not in the logical order either, I think July might be 1. In any case, he then uses the hands of the clock (mentally) to determine when he will be 6.5, 6 3/4, 7, 7.25, etc

#3
Today after school Aeden came home and told me that he shared something with his class. Considering I didn't send anything with him to share I was slightly alarmed.
Turns out he shared information. Last night before bed he was laying there thinking about things. This morning he went into class and asked if he could share what he was thinking about. His teacher (who is wonderful!) agreed. He then proceeded to share that when you add two odd numbers you get an even number, like 1+1=2 (his example). And if you add two even numbers you get an even number, like 2+2 = 4.
He wanted to share something about multiplication but didn't because the class wasn't ready for it

No comments: